Monday, April 25, 2011

weekend re-re-re-rewind

we had one hoppin' (easter pun intended) weekend!  we enjoyed a couple of game nights and sushi with friends.  Up until now adam has hated sushi but loved it the other day, proof that people can change. i went on a 20 mile training run and lived to tell the tale. i also had breakfast with my favorite girls and bff's. we had tons of easter fun with both of our families. here's the proof...

just a few of the crosby's
 i'd guess that adam ruins about 90% of all our pictures by purposely having food in his teeth or closing his eyes. 
 cutest little mary. sometimes i wish she was mine, until she poops, then i hand back over to her parents.
 look at this kid's vest and plaid jacket!  he's the flyest 6 month old i've ever seen.
i made some cookies and ate myself into a sugar coma.  i'm not a huge fan of lemon desserts but these are to die for! my sister-in-laws recipe, give em a try. you won't be disappointed.

Lemon Cookies

3/4 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 T. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
1 T. lemon extract
1 1/2 T. lemon juice (best with myer lemons...but great with regular as well)
3 cups flour (this is for really dense almost mound like cookies, I use 2 1/2 cups for more of a flat sugar cookie type)
1 t. baking soda

Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg. Beat until fluffy. Add extract and juice. Mix well. add flour and soda, dont over mix.

Bake at 350 for 11 minutes

Frosting:
1 Box powdered sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 t. lemon extract
(i never know how much a box of powdered sugar is...I just add as much powdered sugar as I need until it gets thick enough that it acts as a frosting rather than a glaze.) They are also great with fresh berries on top!

Enjoy! 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have the cutest family Jess! I am so impressed that you ran 20 miles. I hope you ate a lot of those lemon cookies, because you definitley deserve it after a long run like that. I love your blog and playing along with would you rather.

Cason and Marie said...

haha you are funny. I Love the poopie pants part. And your husband is quite funny. I love that you have no idea what he's doing. You are gorgeous girl! Glad you had a hoppin fun easter!

Zach & Lizzy said...

Super cute pictures! These cookies sound delish!! Thanks for sharing :)

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I feel the same about my nieces ha! Girl, you are stunning! I have to try those cookies ASAP. I am the one in my marriage that messes us all the pictures! I need to try the Italian cafe rio!!! Ps I choose ice cream too! Hope you are having an amazing day!! Do u have a golds pass? I am going to yoga tonight if you want to come!!!

Lindsey S. said...

20 miles?? I'd die! that is awesome!

So side point: I got my hair done 2 weeks ago and was suppose to go back blonde but it so didn't work. I am loving your blonde color. Would you happen to know what the colors are called that your girl uses? I went to this girl for the first time because she is so inexpensive. So she hasn't done my hair and totally didn't get what I was trying to tell her. I go back next week to try to fix it. I'm crossing my fingers she get's what I am trying to explain this time. Then when I saw these pictures of you my vision is nearly exactly what your hair color is. Pretty much what I use to be. Getting back to it is a nightmare! Don't know why I ever went dark. :(

bryn said...

20 mile training run? Jess you are my hero! I love seeing you running on canyon road too, hoppy easter!!