Thursday, August 25, 2011

kitchen: before and afters

we bought our house about a year and a half ago. it was built in 1954 and had very little, if any, renovating done since, as you can tell from the before pictures...
these pictures were taken after we'd ripped up the yucky tile, before installing the wood flooring. 
after a lot of hard work we now love our kitchen!
we painted stripes on the wall entering into the kitchen
my favorite thing about the kitchen is it feels so light and airy, thanks to these giant windows opening to the front porch.
 we added more canned lights in the kitchen for added lighting
 the flooring we added matches the original wood flooring that we refinished throughout the rest of the house
 all the veggies are from our garden :)

we left all the cabinetry the same just painted it a fresh white, added new hardware and also added the beadboard (kind of hard to see in the photo) as a backsplash
more beadboard by the kitchen table. i knew i wanted a blue kitchen and we love the blue we chose although it is showing up different colors in all these photos. also, added some shelving for decorations, recovered the chair seats in a green apple color and painted the kitchen table gray.
 new sink and faucet
 our fridge and all appliances were replaced when we moved in, they were old and gross before.
one of our favorite places in the house, and not just because it's filled with food :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your kitchen, makes me want to cook!

Kellee Marie Cook said...

Jess this is amazing!!!! You did such an impressive job- what a vision! Seriously I love it. Love the white. Feels so clean and fresh.

Cason and Marie said...

In love! The stripes are phenom! The kitchen really looks superb! (sorry I love that word lately) you two are very talented. Now will you come decorate my casa?

Anonymous said...

cute!! I love the paint colors

Caitlin said...

LOVe seeing before and after pics! What a great kitchen. I am thinking about paining my cabinets white too. This makes me want to do it even more. The whole thing looks great!

Kevin and Heather said...

So so cute jess! Totally looks like your style...I love it!! Props to you and Adam...very impressive :)

Hayley Baum said...

It's about time! So cute!

Annie said...

I love the Clark home. Can't wait to be in it again!

Lindsey S. said...

So cute! We just bought a house built in the 89 with some awesome oak cabinets... we want to paint them white and I haven't been able to decide what product to use. I'm wondering what product you guys used, if you did it yourself and if you would recommend it. I just loved to see your light counter tops with your white cabinets because our counter tops are light too and I wasn't sure if it would look good but I think it looks so great!

Zach & Lizzy said...

Jess, I LOVE It! It looks AMAZING! You guys did such a great job!! Zach did beadboard in our babies room and I LOVE beadboard! Its so classy and never goes out of style!! Beautiful kitchen!

kimmy girl said...

Jess, it looks ammmmazing. I love the strips. Such a good job! Makes me want to move to provo and buy a house

michelle said...

Oh I love it!!!! You guys did amazing!!! Love the bead board! And color choice! Beautiful!

Hotch Potch Girls said...

Love it. You two are awesome.

Brittny said...

Turn out great!!! I LOVE it all! What acute house you two have:)

Bee said...

Is this kitchen where you eat your meals made of food?

Rebecca Ann Groesbeck said...

I'm not sure I've ever been so impressed by anyone I know in real life. This is amazing Jess! I want to stop by next time i'm in town.