Sunday, August 21, 2011

creamed carrots

the other day as we pulled into our driveway we saw our cute little neighbor girls calling us over to their sale. when we asked what they were selling they replied with "cweamed cawots" (creamed carrots) what the? um ok...i can deal with that, i used to sell rocks with my friends on the corner. how much? a dollar they said. kinda steep if you ask me since i can get lemonade for 25 cents on most corners.

 they handed us a dinner plate that was just raw baby carrots covered in mustard and ketchup. i've never had creamed carrots before but i'm guessing that's not how you make them. smelled disgusting!
since they gave the carrots to us on a plate they waited outside our front window while adam pretended to eat them and i slyly scooped them into the garbage and returned their plate. my theory is they had some leftovers from dinner and thought "hey, you think we can get some sucker to buy this?" turns out yes they can since they've got a couple of suckers for neighbors. the buck was worth the laugh!

2 comments:

Danny and Brittney Welch said...

That is hilarious! Not to mention creative. Can't say we had any ideas that were better than that when we were kids. Although I can remember how shocked I was when we charged Kaila's mom $12 for a car wash - when in my previous neighborhood I was slaving for $3 per car....I had a lot to learn from you. Apparently the up and coming generation has the real smarts. We should have tried creamed carrots.

Brittny said...

Are you kidding me???!!! I am dying! That is hysterical!!!!! I almost peed my pants/cried laughing when I read this and reread it to Steve!! I would pay a buck just to read the story again, definitely worth it:)