Monday, October 31, 2011

party in the NYC

after 3 years of being lonely during the boys annual deer hunt, this year i got smart and went to new york  while adam spent the weekend being a man and shooting things. i went out with my parents to visit my favorite new york couple, brother chris and sister-in-law kimmy. 

here we are walking the brooklyn bridge. it was such nice weather the weekend we were there and this night had an especially beautiful sunset. 
 we spent a little time at the museum of natural history. after all the walking around the city i felt a little like that walrus pictured below, flopped over on belly, super beat. 
 my parents hadn't been to new york for 24 years (they told me that's where i was conceived and i told them that that was too much information) so we did our best to see everything! 
 and of course we saw a broadway play, mary poppins. it was my first broadway and i loved it! it was much different than the plays i've seen at the hale center theatre, that's for dang sure!
we had lots 'o fun in new york. thanks to chris and kimmy for letting us stay in their apartment and being our tour guides. also, thanks to my parents for letting me tag along. it was kinda fun to spend the weekend just me and the ma and pa, felt like i was a little kid again. 

2 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

You guys are fun!!! Looks like an amazing trip! And that walrus is tiny! You are gorg!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I think Broadway plays are my favorite part of NY!